Friday, February 25, 2011

Notecard Sets

I made these little note card and box sets for my retreat guests.  As this post appears, we are busy at retreat with lots of crafting, scrapbooking, chatting, eating and relaxing!  Sound nice?  IT IS!  Check out my retreat blog here for more info and you can always join us next year!

So, these card sets may look a bit familiar to those I've posted earlier this month.  Previously, I made them with some B&T papers from some retired kits.  When I got the February Stamp of the Month, Friendship, I knew I wanted to use it on a project to make some dynamic random stamping patterns.  When I thought about it, this was the perfect project!  I needed to make multiple gifts that were very similar but slightly different.  I used White Daisy cardstock as my card box base and random stamped using Black, Grey Wool and one of the new colors from the revised Summer CTMH color palettes (Pear, Sky, Smoothie, Sunset, Gypsy, Pacifica, Cotton Candy and Lagoon).  Using the card box template found here,  I scored and made the folds to make a super-sturdy, double-walled card box (which worked much better with the cardstock weight vs. my previous project which used background & texture paper which is much thinner).  I made five - 4 1/4x5 1/2 note cards with Black, White Daisy, Grey Wool and one of the new summer colors of cardstock, inserted those and five envelopes inside, tied a little black ribbon on the front of the box for embellishment, and voila, totally cute and practical gift project!!!  I am so happy with how these turned out.  I used the Friendship, Felicity and Wings WOTG stamp sets for this project.  I also used the new CTMH scalloped circle punch on the note cards.




No comments: