Saturday, June 13, 2009

Paradise

This card was so fun to make, and it made me want to go on a tropical vacation! Well, I'll have to keep dreaming about that vacation, but I just LOVE these papers and coordinating stamps. I used the Moon Doggie paper packet, Extreme Happiness and Simple Stitches stamp sets, Cranberry, Garden Green, Indian Corn Blue, and Cocoa inks, and Antiqued Copper brads. On the top of the Indian Corn Blue cardstock, I used the sponge daubers to add Versamark ink and then used White Embossing Powder with the craft heater to emboss a "surf" like border on the top. It's hard to see in the photo, but I also scored 1/4 lines all the way across the Garden Green cardstock to look like a "beadboard" trim.

Oregon weather is finally permitting me to use the photo-taking example set by fellow CTMH consultant Aaron's blog which I love - she always takes photos of her artwork outside in the plants/foliage. I am SO happy with the results for my artwork photos - even with my super old camera, the colors pop and the foliage and natural lighting is so flattering! I'll definitely be doing that all summer and into the fall as long as the weather cooperates!

No comments: