Monday, June 22, 2009

College Layout




Although documenting the lives of my two children, Alex and Ava, dominates most of my scrapbooking projects right now, I have started to go back and create layouts about events in my life before I was married to Tony and we started our family. These photos are from the Spring Dance Concert at Western Oregon University, my senior year. My friends Greta and Sam choregraphed an African piece that was SO much fun. Tony was actually in it with me - it was a great experience to share together.

To create this layout, I began with a color combo that I thought complimented our costumes - Ocean, Outdoor Denim, Topiary and White Daisy. I cut some scallop edged trim using my Cricut machine, random stamped using the color combo with the Western Flourishes stamp set on some Ocean cardstock, embellished the flourishes with White Daisy Bitty Brads, stamped some accent flourishes with the Legendary Moments stamp set and finished it off with my title using the Building Block E-size Alphabet stamp set and some handwritten journaling accents.

I love the clean, simple lines of this layout. I wanted to showcase the photos and get something completed in a couple of hours to remember this special event from my senior year of college.

No comments: