Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Random Stamping




I haven't random stamped on cards in awhile and I had forgotten how it can make such beautiful, personalized artwork! I ran across some gorgeous cards while browsing my fellow CTMH consultant Vicki's blog here. She inspired me to use the same color combination and stamp set to create some cards for gifts to give to my daughter Ava's teachers at church as a thank you gift.

This is another wonderful way to use the stamps from the wonderful National Scrapbooking Day special that CTMH has going on right now - Tickled Pink! I love this stamp set! I used it, along with Spot On Backgrounds and Dainty Thoughts stamps for the sentiments. First, I stamped the background stamp in Bamboo ink, right on the card bases. Then, I used the Tickled Pink flower stamps to "randomly" create an all-over floral pattern, beginning with the largest flower stamp first and working my way down to the smallest. I used Lilac Mist, Spring Iris, Creme Brulee, Sorbet, and Sweet Leaf inks for the flowers and black for the sentiments. I also used some brads and crocheted flowers from the White Daisy Mini-Medley and regular White Daisy brads along with 3-D adhesive on the sentiments. I also used my Cricut to cut some of the scalloped borders from White Daisy cardstock.

No comments: