Saturday, September 25, 2010

October Scrap Club Layouts



When I saw this new Hooligans kit from CTMH, at first I thought it was a cute kids Halloween kit, but I had trouble figuring out what else it could be used for.  Then an idea came to me - the colors would go perfectly with my son's first hip hop costume!  Alex has taken tap dance for two years and this past school year, he was so excited to be old enough to take hip hop class.  The photos on the top two layouts were taken by Diane Inskeep http://www.dianesphotos.com/ and I took the photos on the bottom two layouts at home.  I wanted to feature these awesome photos and fun story of Alex taking hip hop using the Hooligans paper without the cute monster theme that is shown in the idea book. 

For the top two layouts, I used the Star Power stamp set, Dimensional Elements Borders, and White Daisy Brads, along with two of the non-monster themed background and texture papers from the Hooligans kit.  I stamped the title using Building Block Alphabet.  I love the look of these pages - they are clean, simple layouts with stunning colors that highlight the photos - just what I wanted.

For the lower two layouts, I used the Troublemaker and Field Trip Alphabet stamp sets along with Star Power.  I added some clear buttons which I backed with small scraps of Hooligans background and texture papers using Liquid Glass and tied the button holes with Black Waxy Flax.  I used some White Daisy and Black brads and Dimensional Elements from the Booksmart and Fresh Shapes collections.  I heat embossed the title "Hip Hop" on page 4 using White Daisy embossing powder and the heat tool.  Both layouts are from the brand new Magic how-to scrapbooking book. 

For more information on how to join the fun at my scrap club, click here.

No comments: