Thursday, June 3, 2010

New Summer Idea Book Cards Part 2 - Day 2


Here's another card using the Passages kit.  The colors are so rich and yummy in this kit - it really reminded me of something masculine and outdoorsy, so I used this card for a father's birthday card.  This card showcases all of the colors in this kit - Barn Red, Cocoa, Garden Green, Brown Bag and Colonial White.  I honestly felt that I could never use Brown Bag in a project ever and be just fine, but I think it compliments this color combo in a very rich and vibrant way - it's perfect.  I used the May 2010 SOTM, Cherish The Moment again - I love it's tag/frame/checklist format and it works well for the theme I used for this card.  The letters "Dad" are stamped with the Friendship Small Alphabet stamp set and I added a couple of antiqued copper brads and a arrow photo clip.  On my bracket embellishment, I used the new Pizazz resist chipboard for the accent - I love these - you just take a sponge dauber with your ink pad, fill it up with your ink color and sponge it on the chipboard and it has little designs that resist the ink and remain white - how cool is that?  They are on page 95 of the new idea book for only $4.95.  I tied some Cocoa ribbon and Colonial White waxy flax on the bracket, and it's done!  Come back tomorrow for another new card!

No comments: