Saturday, July 18, 2009

Super Bowl Layout



So, a couple of weeks ago I went on a fabulous scrapbooking getaway to the Oregon Coast in Lincoln City. It was a ton of fun and I got lots of pages completed and in my scrapbooks! I'll be posting lots of layouts in the next few weeks that I finished on this trip.

This first layout showcases a couple of my favorite techniques - one I've used for a long time (random stamping) and another that I've only started using fairly recently (stamp kissing).

I custom designed this entire layout to fit these special photos from this winter when my husband's favorite NFL team, the Pittsburgh Steelers won the Super Bowl again! I knew I wanted a layout in the bold Steeler team colors of black, yellow, white and gray, but I didn't have any patterned paper to match, so I created my own using the random stamping technique and my favorite football stamp set - Touchdown. I used Black, Grey Wool, Sunny Yellow and White Daisy carstock and ink pads, along with my handy Imagine book. To make the title, I stamped the letters using the Headline Alphabet stamp set and then "kissed" off some of the ink using the stamp from Touchdown with the field markers and lines on it. The result is a super-cool football themed effect on my letters!

I also used Black Bigger Brads and the wonderful new Foam Tape on this layout.

It is a great example of how you can use random stamping with a color combination to coordinate with your photos to make your own wonderful personalized patterned paper!

No comments: