Friday, December 11, 2009

Holiday Treats!


 

I just finished these treat bags for my kids to give to their teachers and friends to celebrate the season!  We made Specalatzi cookies this past weekend, a family tradition this time of year!  I bagged up five cookies each, and made these bag toppers and tags for each gift.  I used the All Decked Out stamp set - my son has been wanting to stamp with me using this set for awhile now, and this project was a perfect use for it!  He had so much fun helping me stamp the hats and scarves for the snowmen.  I just random stamped for the bag toppers using a color combination I found on Jeanette's Color Me Monday challenge on her blog.  Jeanette Lynton is the founder and CEO of Close To My Heart, and her blog features fabulous artwork and color combos.  This one is Sorbet, Cocoa, Outdoor Denim and Crystal Blue.  This is a fun little project to get the kids involved in and share some love during this special season!

Here's my family recipe for Specalatzi sugar cookies:

1/2 lb butter
2 cups sugar
4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
rind of 1 small lemon
3 eggs
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Cream butter and sugar together in mixer on low.  Add eggs, one at a time and lemon rind.  Add cinnamon, baking powder and flour, gradually until well mixed.  Roll out thin on a well floured surface adding more flour to dough as needed.  Cut, decorate and bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes. 

No comments: